Monday, May 9, 2016
The Rule Book (The Rule Breakers #1) by Jennifer Blackwood
Starr Media Second-Assistant Survival Guide
1. Don't call your hot boss the antichrist to his face.
2. Don't stare at hot boss's, um, package or his full sleeve of tattoos. (No. Really. Stop!)
3. Don't get on the malicious first assistant's bad side.
4. Don't forget to memorize the 300-page employee manual.
5. If you value your cashmere, steer clear of boss’s dog.
6. Boss’s dimples are lust-inducing. Do. Not. Give. In.
7. “The elevator ate your clothes” is not a valid excuse for showing up to important meetings half dressed.
8. Don't break seven of the rules within the first week of employment if you, ya know, are in dire need of money to support your sick mom.
9. Whatever you do, don’t fall for the boss. See rule eight about sick mom.
10. Never forget the rules.
"Ovaries, meet arm porn, your new best friend."
There's a lot things going on in Lainey Taylor's head. She has a new job, new home, and new crush. Brogan Starr is her delicious temptation at work. Too bad he's also her boss.
Brogan isn't just a normal guy. His employee manual consists of hundreds of rules. Some of them are a bit ridiculous.... like no consumption of garlic during work hours. But even though these rules are in play, his employees really enjoy having him as their leader.
It takes a while for Brogan and Lainey to come together because they both fight internally about pursuing a relationship.
I felt like the relationship should of moved faster so that there could of been more precious moments included in the story. I didn't really get attached to them until 90% of the book. I also thought it was going to be more funny. But even though I didn't have as many laughs as I thought I was going to have, it was still an adorable tale.